Saturday, May 10, 2008

Anita Blacke, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures Volume 1 by Laurell K. Hamilton (2007)

Description: Fusing mythology, werewolves and vampires with a story loaded with mystery, action and romance, the Anita Blake novels take place in a world were vampires, werewolves and other creatures of nightmare have been declared legal citizens of the United States. Anita Blake is an "animator" - a profession that involves raising the dead for a living. But Anita is also known as a fearsome hunter of criminal vampires, and she moonlights by investigating cases that are far too much for conventional police. And as Anita gains that attention of the vampire masters in her hometown of St. Louis, she also risks revealing an intriguing secret about herself - the source of her unusual strength and power.

Review: I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book and it was well worth the wait. I thought the story was fantastic. I have not read the actual book series, but now I really want to. This was really a great story. The artwork was just fabulous. I have been pleased with the literary fusing with Marvel as of late. Everything they have been producing has been outstanding. This story was really interesting and I can't wait to read more!

Score: 4 out of 5

No comments: