Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born (2007) by Peter David, Stephen King, Robin Furth, and Jae Lee

Description: Bringing the history of the Gunslinger into chronological order for the first time, the tale begins with a reckless act of courage that gains Roland his first set of guns and earns him and his friends, Cuthbert and Alain, a mission to Hambry on behalf of "the Good Man," a monster named John Farson. Meant to be a safe expedition, the mission becomes instead Roland's first experience of the evil forces he will encounter again and again, in a myriad of guises. When he meets the beautiful Susan Delgado, he discovers the power and pain of love. More than anything, he learns that things worth killing for...

Review: I was absolutely blown away with this book. I couldn't put it down. The story was outstanding and I was totally sucked into the world of the Gunslinger from the start. The artwork is just absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. The story of the Gunslinger has come to life. I had not read Stephen King's Dark Tower series, but now I feel that I have to. I am so into this story that I would love to see what happens. Although, I am more than willing to wait for further installments of this series. The combination of Marvel and King is fantastic. I most definitely recommend this book.

Score: 5 out of 5

No comments: