Sunday, August 26, 2007

Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)


Description: As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Review: Another great romance from Stephenie Meyer. Like New Moon, this book takes off from the last time we were with Edward and Bella. Not only does Bella have to worry about normal everyday teen life, she also has to deal with the darker issues (i.e. vampires and werewolves). I have to say this book started to really frustrate me. I mean, Bella is supposed to be so in love with Edward but she is hesitant to marry him. Then she "discovers" that she is in love with Jacob too. Its really starting to get ridiculous. I can't wait for the fourth book to come out so that I can find out if she will really marry Edward (or disappoint me further by going down this other love road). All in all, its really a good book and definitely worth a look.

Score: 4 out of 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your review of New Moon and thought I'd check back to see what you thought of Eclipse - I really enjoyed it - I'm a sucker for a good love triangle - that's why I love Dawson's Creek and Grey's Anatomy so much! You can stop by and read my review here: http://www.clareswindlehurst.com/bookreviews/2008/01/18/eclipse-stephanie-meyer/