Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Ruins

The Ruins by Scott Smith (2006)


Description: Eric, Stacey, Jeff, and Amy - four American friends on vacation in Cancun - meet Mathias, a German tourist, who convinces them to join him in searching for his younger brother Henrich. The last Mathias saw of his brother he as headed into the jungle with his new girlfriend and a team of archaeologists. But what the tourists discover, in every gruesome detail, is something far more shocking.

Review: As we followed the group throughout the story, I stared to care less and less for them. The book seemed to drag on and on. I was excited at first and really got into the story. The middle lost me somewhere. At the end I was listening to hear what happened, only to be disappointed in the end. The book had such possibility, but just fell short. All in all, an okay book, but I wouldn't bother reading it unless you have some time to kill.

Score: 2.5 out of 5

No comments: