Thursday, July 12, 2007

Storm Front

Storm Front by Jim Butcher (2000)


Description: Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he's the only at what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the "everyday" world is actually full of strange and magical things--and most of them don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a--well, whatever.

There's just one problem. Business, to put int mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get... interesting.

Review: I finally gave this series a shot and was pleasantly surprised. I absolutely loved Butcher's style. I was laughing out loud at Dresden's sarcasm. It was a complete delight to read this book. Another reason I like this book so much is that it takes place almost at home for me. I know the area so it really feels like home. Storm Front is action packed from beginning to end and a fabulous story. I highly recommend it.

Score: 5 out of 5

Television Connection: In 2007, the SciFi Channel came ouut with a television series based on Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. I haven't personally seen this series, but am interested to see how close to the books it follows.

The Dresden Files (2007)

No comments: