Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Fiery Cross


The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon


Description: (From Back of Book) The year is 1771, and war is coming. Jamie Fraser's wife tells hims o. Little as he wishes to, he must believe it, for hers is a gift of dreadful prophecy--a time-traveler's certain knowledge. Claire's unique view of the future has brought him both danger and deliverance in the past; her knowledge of the oncoming revolution is a flickering torch that may light his way through the perilous years ahead--or ignite a conflagration that will leave their lives in ashes...

Review: This book got me back into the series. I was more into the oncoming revolutionary war and most definitely with all of the little things that ignited the flame. I found it to be very interesting, historically speaking, as well. There wasn't as much action, but it still held my interest. I was surprised to see such a low rating on Amazon, but once I read a few of them, I figured out why they didn't like it as much... not enough sex and too much history. Well, I thought it was good and a must read for those interested in the series.

Score: 4 out of 5

No comments: