Thursday, June 14, 2007

Case Closed, Volume 1

Case Closed, Volume 1 by Gosho Aoyama


Description: Precocious high school student Jimmy Kudo uses his keen powers of observation and astute intuition to solve mysteries that have left law enforcement officials baffled. Hot on the trail of a suspect, Jimmy is accosted from behind and fed a strange chemical which physically transforms him into a grade schooler! Taking on the pseudonym Conan Edogawa, he attempts to track down the people who did this to him. But until he finds a cure for his bizarre condition, Jimmy continues to help the police solve their toughest cases.

Review: What a great combination of mysteries and Manga. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will continue to read the rest of the series. I really liked the illustrations as well. If you want to get into reading some Manga, I would recommend this series.

Score: 4 out of 5

Movie Connections: Well, actually TV connections. There is an anime that I originally saw that got me interested in reading the series. Its called Meitantei Conan (1996). I really enjoyed it and if you are really interested in the story, you should definitely check it out.

No comments: