Friday, January 19, 2007

Making Decorative Mirrors & Shelves


Making Decorative Mirrors & Shelves


Description: (From back of book) From pearl-and-lace frames to an oak vanity, here's a rich variety of decorative articles to adorn your home. You just need simple gluing, stitching, and painting techniques. Everything else is here, including patters, detailed instructions, and a a multitude of illustrations to guide you every step of the way.

Review: I found this book to be very handy. There were good basic instructions on how to frame mirrors and use the various paint (and other medium) techniques used inside. The projects themselves are displayed nicely with photographs to illustrate the final project. Personally, I didn't really care for the mirror projects, but there were some really nice ideas. I think they were more complex than what I was looking for. The shelves were really inventive. I would like to use some of them myself. I wouldn't really consider this a book for beginners, but for people who already have some skill with crafting. Overall, I found it to be really handy.

Score: 4 out of 5

No comments: