Friday, January 19, 2007

Breakfast at Tiffany's


Breakfast at Tiffany's


Description: (back of book) This volume includes three of Capote's best-known stories, "House of Flowers, " "A Diamond Guitar, " and "A Christmas Memory, " in addition to his bestselling novel, Breakfast at Tiffany, the popular story of Holly Golightly--"a cross between Lolita and Auntie Mame" (Time).

Review: I had not read anything by Capote before I read this book for my book club. I have to say, I really enjoyed his style. It made me want to read just about everything that he has ever written. The stories were quite delightful. I have naturally seen the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's many times before. Personally, I like the story much more. I still like the classic movie; however, there was more to the story that wasn't socially "acceptable" at the time so it was cut out. I think Capote created a very interesting character with Holly Golightly. I think everyone should read this book at some point in their life.

Score: 5 out of 5

No comments: